New PC built to host the ongoing dev of OGZ. Quite a nice build: fast and future proofed. Bit of a PITA however, porting everything off my old PC which I’ve been running for about 8 years.
Oh, and it has flashing lights:
- Rom matcher and ScreenScraperFR scraper working well – thorough and accurate
- Integration with the OGZ database working well.
- Integrated emulator download function so emu setups are as close to a one-click setup as possible
- Continuing work on the GUI – now property grid function working for a lot of objects.
Basically, the barebones are coming together. OGZ can now scan a folder full of system ROMS; pull the metadata and related media form screenscraperFR; download and install a relevant emulator and launch the game!
Lots to do. Next steps:
- Some honing of the above – whilst it’s in my mind
- Start on the biggie – the theme/FE editor (layout designer and some kind of governor to co-ordinate all the different FE layout components – e.g. the game sleector, pause screen, marquee display and controls viewer). This bit’s going to take some designing!
First screenshot showing the GUI admin interface:
A bit rough and ready but the framework is coming together nicely. The final version will have an “easy mode” – more intuitive, point and click at pictures type affair.
Onward, dear friends….